Saturday, August 2, 2008

Arrived in the U S of A

So, it's all happening! Much faster than I seem to be blogging! Oops.


As i mentioned in my last post I am on my way to the Tree of Life in Patagonia. Where I'll be participating in the 10 week 'Spiriual Live-food Instructors' course. Learning to prepare & create fresh, unprocessed, organic, healthy cuising. As well as taking part in all the other amazing programmes they have on offer.
I can't wait to share all my experiences!


Meanwhile I'm in transit to TOL.
After just a short (thankfully) 2 hour stop in LAX , I arrived in Tucson, Arizona.


I've never been to an actual desert before so flying into Tucson was amazing. Dry parched land with no water in sight, yet there is a thriving city in amongst it! How does that work?

With only one day to spend in Tucson and jet lag to recover from I took it easy by taking a wee stroll around town. To be honest big cities don't do anything for me so I skipped the CBD and made a bee line to 4th Avenue. This little street rocked! It was so homely, made up of cute boutiques and an amazing organic food co-op (I started my 100 day raw food challenge today so this place was my saving grace! Trying to find a healthy raw breakfast and lunch from service stations & mini marts was impossible, I seriously thought I was going to have to starve!). I didn't want to leave.


An early night had, my body clock woke me up at 2am this morning. Will do a spot of Yoga, head out for a walk, try to locate a supermarket then at 1pm my shuttle is taking me out to Patagonia! The next adventure begins...



ooh i forgot to post a picture of our beautiful slice of paradise. (11 acres North of Christchurch, NZ). So here she is...



X